Costa Rica International Trip
Female players 2001-2003 age groups
Trip details and Player Application below
ODP Girls International Tournament Costa Rica 2016 - Game 1
ODP Girls International Tournament Costa Rica 2016 Final Game Highlights
Day 1 - Arrive to Costa Rica
-arrive in San Jose, Costa Rica airport, picked up by private bus
-check in to hotel for 7 nights
-Team Training session in afternoon / evening
-Dinner Orientation from Costa Rica Soccer Tours; learn about Costa Rica & preview of Tour
Day 2 - Team Training Day
-Team Training Session
-Team Training Session
-Team Activity at Hotel - Pool Time
Day 3 - Game Day #1
-Community Service Project - Visit a local Children's community center that cares for 200 children ages 0-12 during they day so parents can work 2 to 3 jobs to support their family or because they cant give them proper care or nutrition at home. The Elite girls will spend around 2 hours playing with the children doing crafts,etc. Each player will be asked to raise $100 as part of their trip expenses to each sponsor a child for the school year.
-Team Meeting/Lite Training Session
Day 4 - Game Day #2
-Team Meeting / Lite Training Session
Day 5 - Day Off - BEACH TRIP
-Depart for the Beach
-Beach Trip and Canopy Zip-Line Tour: Visit Punta Leona Beach Park with host to one of the most beautiful beaches of the Central Pacific Coast and get the opportunity to see monkeys, macaws, raccoon and many other flora and fauna. the Canopy is a series of cables and platforms based on the high part of trees that take you on a exhilarating tour through the forest and wildlife.
-Depart back to hotel
Day 6 - Game Day #3
-Team Meeting / Lite Training
-Walking Tour of San Jose: National museum, Legislative Assembly, Central Park, Supreme Court, National Theater
Day 7 - Game Day #4
-Team Meeting / Lite Training
-Free Time (TBD for last night)
Day 8 - Depart Costa Rica
-Depart San Jose, Costa Rica
*Schedule is subject to change as needed
TRIP Player Cost and Payment Schedule
(Estimated Cost for the trip)
$ 1,300 - Player Package (Considered Land Portion)
(Hotel - 3 per room, all Meals, all Day Trips and Activities, all Games including ref fees, all Training Facilities, Team Bus, Bus Driver, Full Time Tour Guide, Uniform Laundry, Water and Ice at all Games and Training)
$600 - Player Airfare (Fee may differ depending, waiting on quote now from CRST)
(Direct flight from either NY, PHL, or BWI)
$200 - Player Uniform
(Elite-USA Uniform package; Backpack, 2 Game Jersey, 2 Shorts, 2 Socks, Training top, Travel Polo, Warm Up)
$100 - Player Sponsorship for Children's school
$100 - Coaching Fees and Travel
$25 - Tips for Driver and Tour Guides
$2, 375 - Total for Player to attend Trip (*price is subject to change given an quotes needing changed)
*Items Not include in fees;
Baggage Fees, Increases in fuel charges by airlines, Expenses by airlines for changing or cancelling or delays due to airline changes bad weather etc., Other optional site seeing events, Personal Laundry, Passport and Visa Fees, Medial Travel Insurance.
Payment Schedule for the Trip:
Each Player will be required to fundraiser to help pay for their trip and expenses. 3 Fundraising opportunities will be set up and players are also welcome to do their own type. Once team is set and selected, fundraising dates and events will be announced.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need a passport to go to Costa Rica?
Yes, valid passport is mandatory to enter Costa Rica.
2. Do I need a visa to go to Costa Rica?
U.S., Canadian, and many European citizens may enter Costa Rica without a visa. All others please consult the Costa Rican Embassy at www.costarica-embassy.org
3. Is the water drinkable in Costa Rica?
Yes, you can safely drink from the tap at all of the places to which we will be traveling on our tour.
4. Is Costa Rica safe?
Costa Rica is a safe, stable democratic country.
5. What is the currency in Costa Rica?
The Costa Rican currency is called the Colon. US dollars and major credit cards are widely accepted.
6. How much cash should I plan to bring?
The amount of cash you need to bring depends on the snacks and souvenirs that you want to buy. On average, participants bring $150 to $300 each.
7. Are any vaccinations required for Costa Rica?
You are unlikely to encounter any serious diseases in Costa Rica. Sanitary standards are high and the health system is excellent. No vaccinations are required to enter Costa Rica.
8. About travel insurance: All participants must be covered by an international medical insurance plan of their choice that covers them while they are in Costa Rica during their trip or even previous the trip. Each participant must make all insurance arrangements on their own. In case a participant must visit a hospital or clinic in Costa Rica during his/her trip, he or she will be asked to pay for any services rendered and then seek reimbursement through the international insurance. In the city area you will have access to the top medical private centers just about 15-30 minutes away from the hotel. The rain-forest and beach hotel also have private medical services, however the medical centers are about 30-45 minutes away from the hotel. We will provide all the transportation to and from the medical center if there is any emergency.